Friday, September 26, 2008

Update

I'm allowing my writing to slip to the side, it's getting to be that time, I think. I've had to reprioritize home/family/health stuff, and I'm okay with that. However, I'm not abandoning writing entirely. No, I know better than that. :)

First off, I'm focusing on the classes I've signed up for. I can do those with short periods of time without a lot of prep before hand. And not having fifty thousand things to do afterward, the material seems to stick better in my mind, and I find myself reflecting back to what the coursework entailed.

Also, I'm reading. I've added George R.R. Martin's "Game of Thrones" to my bookshelf at my husband's request. We don't read the same authors, so when he raves about one, I really do need to check it out. I've read the prologue, and am intrigued by the characters and how quickly Martin has presented them to me in such distinct identities with only a few pages. I'm going to try and read this one slowly, and absorb what I can.

And finally, I'm focusing on one writing project at a time. Nighthunter's Bite needs to get written, crappy first draft acceptable. I've got images of the chase haunting me, and Maura's strange power is haunting her, and I've got to get her some resolution. She's been running for two years now, you know. I owe her a rest.

My daily list format worked when I was writing daily. I've temporarily dropped my list to a monthly points of what needs my attention. I'm adapting, and that's good. I know I'll get my time back in some fashion in the coming months.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Martin's books are excellent; he has a fantastic way of developing characters and making you want everything they want. I have yet to read another author who made me so completely invested in their characters' lives.

I think you'll like the books. :)