Wednesday, December 10, 2008

2008 Accomplishments / 2009 Goals

2008 In Summary


Consistency was my goal, and for a while, I did well. Life jumped aboard and broke that down, but Life required my attention and I could not divide myself between these responsibilities.


Accomplishments:

* 3 Stories Edited (multiple times)

* 4 Stories Written

* 1 New Short Story Submission

* 5 Short Story Submissions

* 6 Novels Read

* 4 Critiques Completed



2009 Goals


My 2009 goal will be Balance. With an infant and a two and a half year old, and dealing with recovery from surgery, I've got my hands full. I've got two writing classes in progress, and a few short stories in the editing-for-submission phase. I need to clean this up, reorganize, and move forward. My January goal is to get myself and my family on a schedule to allow myself some writing time. Any writing time. February through April will be to solidify that and get some editing done, with at least one new submission. May will be devoted to the Story A Day challenge. June through December will bring a return to editing and hopefully one more new submission.



2009 Goals In Summary:

* 2 New Short Story Submissions

* 5 Short Stories Edited

* 5 Short Stories Written

* 2 Writing Courses Completed (Adv Fiction / Think Sideways)

* Novel Reading - 6

* Crits - 6 to 12



Here's to Balance. May she play nicely with my Muse.

No comments: