Friday, November 6, 2009

thursday thursday

It was a strange Thursday.  Rough day at the Day Job, lots of stress, and a little disappointment that the day job issue kept me from getting to the post office.  Well, the story will get out on Friday after I drop the kids off at school.  

No writing done in the evening, no editing.  I reviewed Black Violas, considering it for my next edit project, but I don't know if I'm ready.  I'm reading it, I like it, there are obvious places where the writing itself needs to be fixed, but I don't know what to do about the story itself.  I had a thought that first person would suit this one better, and since I had that many times while writing it, I think I need to try that route.  I also had a thought of swapping the MC from the daughter to the mom.  Their roles seem to be interchangeable as I have it now in the story.  If I reverse their roles and the troubles they've experienced, it might come out more emotional.  And I suddenly notice I've gravitated toward older characters in my writing. 

No comments: