Saturday, May 12, 2007

My Computer Has Me Spoiled

If I had to choose between a television and a computer, I'd take the computer hands down.

Yes my computer spoils me. I type quickly, a skill I credit online role playing. I think it, and my fingers have typed it. This skill makes writing a more enjoyable process, except when I'm not at my computer, or when I'm stumped, and the tactile feel of a pen in my hand wakes up my brain and I resort to the painstaking process of writing it on paper. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, or because my pregnancy damaged my hands (still questioning this), but my handwriting has become horrible.

I've written one story by hand (owie) and am working on another. It's done, I guess, but without the typed up version, I feel like I'm cheating. If it's not electronic, and I can't save or send it, or print it out in neat legible letters, it feels like it doesn't exist.

Mostly I'm afraid I won't be able to read my own handwriting later. So yes, my computer has me spoiled.

No comments: