Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Progress / February Goals

It's been an interesting month to say the least.  I lost the first week to family travel, and the next three weeks were struggles between being sick or taking care of the sick. I lucked out with a day off work that daycare was miraculously open, and I spent the day on a writing project that saved me two weeks worth of evening writing time.  I have decided for sure, I'm taking one personal day off from work each month and committing myself to a day of writing.  I'm pleased with my work, even though I have several "in progress", but I did complete a story that's been haunting me for years. 

I am disappointed I didn't get to the novel revision, but I have four short stories that have submission deadlines of March 31st, and I'd really like to get them in the best shape I can.  The novel may have to wait until April.

January Progress:

* Nighthunters Bite - first draft written and a full revision done.  (By evening time standards, this is a good three weeks worth of work).

* Black Violas - revision in progress. (Rewrite, actually, in regard to POV).
* Hunter's Honor - revision in progress.
* Tiger Princess - research done, outlining and worldbuilding in progress.
* Reading - still working on Federations, and rereading some of the stories that appeal to me (and have POVs that deal with my current stories).

February Goals:

* Hunter's Honor - revise and resubmit asap
* Fading Light - minor revision to ending
* Tiger Princess - first draft
* Black Violas - revision
* Nighthunter's Bite - revision

No comments: