Tuesday, October 13, 2009

hunter revisions

I think I've been really hard on myself lately in regard to my writing quality. I reread Violas today, and while the writing is fairly plain, it's not the horrible disaster I thought it was. The ending will need tweaking for sure, but the story seems solid. Same situation with Hunter. I thought it was a complete rewrite, but after analyzing it tonight, that's an extreme option that I don't think the story needs to deal with.

The focus has changed, and Daymar is no longer the "Hunter, Hunted" but he's still a hunter, and while the tables have turned on him, his role, his task has become much more complicated than simply capturing an evil witch. Scenes need to be added, other bits need to be removed, and then everything smoothed and edited. I have faith in this story. I can't believe I wrote this over five years ago. I need to give it some life already.

No comments: