Thursday, April 15, 2010

learning

I'm learning Windows 7 and I'm learning to get comfortable using the laptop keyboard (very comfy size compared to the HP I use for work) and I'm even learning how to use the touch pad and am only using the mouse when I get stuck and am not sure how to do what I need.

The dual monitor bit isn't working like I'd hoped and I'm not sure why at the moment. I'll have to read up more on it. I do know location matters.  The little computer desk I'm using now is a little cramped with all this stuff on it, but I'm not sure how often I'll be down here with this setup. The dual monitor thing is neat, and may come in handy during editing. The plan is to convert to an on-screen revision process and view the old material in one screen and use the new screen for retyping. We'll see how that goes. In the meantime, I've got to make the laptop recognize the second monitor.

No comments: