Thursday, April 8, 2010

time, energy, and the life of a good idea

The new story option veered away from the silence theme, as did the second new story option.  With seven days left, I have decided to clean up the Angel story as best I can and submit that, and be done with the theme.

All is not lost though; I am pleased with the results of this endeavor. In trying to get Black Violas ready for submission, I ended with a new contest entry, two strong story ideas, and the conversion of Black Violas to either a full length short story or development into a novella.

I learned a lot about writing on theme. I've written according to prompts before, and pictures or words that inspire me, but I've always allowed myself to let the idea evolve naturally. Deviating from that prompt was necessary. For a contest--that's pretty much a rejection.

So I have a strong entry for parsec. I'm happy with that. I'm going to spend the next few days making it stronger, and then getting back to my other projects. It's not just about how much I can do, but how GOOD I can do.

And speaking of good, March was horrible for working out. I managed to walk a few times, but only made it to the gym once. I need to fit it in someplace other wise my sedentary lifestyle is going to be very bad for me and my wardrobe. :P

No comments: