Thursday, April 22, 2010

nighthunter's bite in progress again

I'm liking the new title Etherea in her Veins but on the lookout in case anything more interesting comes jogging by. I'm rewriting the story from memory, guided by my edit list, things I need to keep in mind when writing this. It's interesting this way; there's no writing pressure to rushrushtypetype and I'm a lot more relaxed about it. I've already written it, so I know my setting and I'm intimate with my characters. Rather than go line by line from the old version, I am writing it how I love it. To be honest, I also need to do it this way so I can work on it a little over the weekend. I'm visiting my sister out of state and taking my daughter to play with the cousins. It'll be crazy, but thanks to my laptop and its 9 cell battery, I don't have to worry about plugging in anywhere.

Deadlines though; I'm submitting this one to Sword & Sorceress and we're already a week into the submission period. I don't want to wait for the last week to submit it. I need to give this story a fighting chance. My only concern is that they want strong female characters, and in every story I've read in S&SXXV, the women start out in positions of power, or at least respectable positions. Mine starts a slave and comes into her own. Hopefully, they'll like it. If not, we'll see who else will.

No comments: