Tuesday, June 12, 2007

6/12 Update

I'm working on the Treischan Strength edit, and while I'm cleaning up grammatical issues and word choices, I'm pretty satisfied with the way it turned out. My writer's conscience consists of my muse hanging over one shoulder saying "It's beautiful! It turned out just the way I wanted it.", and my Editor hanging over the other shoulder red pen in hand. She shakes her head and scribbles across the top of the first page. "You need more distance." I don't want to pass it on to my crit group without knowing that it's as good as can be. I need to give it a major edit before I use that kind of resource (crits don't come for free, so I try to use the groups carefully). So, I'm editing what I see needs fixing for now, and then I'm going to pass it by my first readers for some opinions. (If you want to help me out, drop me an email within the next week please!)

Winter Warrior keeps dancing on the sidelines, which is good. Forgotten Star is also coming along - I'm organizing the madness that use to be my folder of notes, and trying to put them to use. Katlana's new name is Talanna. I like it, but I haven't written with it yet. I'll be doing that later today. I completed Myrddin's crit, and moving on to another one. I think this is the last one I need to hit backstory (in the form of 3/4s of a novel in order to crit. So here on out, the critting should be a little easier.

No comments: