Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Heroes

What is a hero? Someone who helps us, provides for us, who wants to see us succeed and is willing to do what is neccessary to get us there. They are the ones who don't ever ask for anything in return.

I've mentioned before how far I've come in the last 4 years of writing. What I haven't told you is that I've been writing for 9 years, and these last four have been astronomical in terms of my progress. I haven't done it alone. Today, I'd like to introduce you to one person who has impacted my writing and inspired me.

Lazette Gifford is the owner and administrator of Forward Motion, my writing home online. I found FM and signed up mid 2003. It was at this time that she took over managing the site, else it would have been abandoned. Zette didn't want this to happen, and took the reins which requires many hours of her own time which she previously spent writing, editing, and publishing.

Additionally, Zette doesn't just run the place, she loves this place, and she takes care of FM members. For instance, she has posted classes on short story writing (without which I'd never have completed any decent short stories). She schedules monthly challenges (inspiriation, she makes us write!). She has put herself in the role of teacher and mentor by writing and implementing a novel writing course that takes two years to work through. Zette starts a new class every year, which means she has two classes at once. I've taken this class, suffered through it (there were some very challenging lessons in there!).

My message to Zette today:

Thank you. Thank you for being my steadfast mentor, thank you for proving that a person can work like a dog and still make the time to write; thank you for loving writing and sharing that love; thank you for your everlasting patience; thank you for your professonalism; and thank you for believing.

My message to you, if you're a writer and you haven't been to Forward Motion: GO! Right now. See for yourself what this place is. For me, it's Writer Heaven!

Forward Motion - www.fmwriters.com
Vision - http://www.lazette.net/Vision/
Zette's website - http://www.lazette.net/

No comments: